Burnt out and exhausted from all the holiday prepping and feasting? January is a good month to catch your breath. It’s the month for easy to make and serve casseroles that can be enjoyed by the family in the relaxed comfort and warmth of your own kitchen.
Chicken & Spinach Pasta Bake
8 ounces uncooked rigatoni
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 cup finely chopped onion (about 1 medium)
1 (10-oz.) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed
3 cups cubed cooked chicken breasts
1 (14.5-oz.) can Italian-style diced tomatoes
1 (8-oz.) container chive-and-onion cream cheese
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1 1/2 cups (6 oz.) shredded mozzarella cheese
- Prepare rigatoni according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, spread oil on bottom of an 11- x 7-inch baking dish; add onion in a single layer.
- Bake at 375° for 15 minutes or just until tender. Transfer onion to a large bowl, and set aside.
- Drain chopped spinach well, pressing between layers of paper towels.
- Stir rigatoni, spinach, chicken, and next 4 ingredients into onion in bowl. Spoon mixture into baking dish, and sprinkle evenly with shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Bake, covered, at 375° for 30 minutes; uncover and bake 15 more minutes or until bubbly.
For more delicious casserole recipes, please visit: http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/chicken-n-spinach-pasta-bake