Anything that combines whiskey with apple cider just boasts of cool autumn afternoons and evenings. The Stone Wall cocktail is the perfect complement to your enjoyment of the carpet of brilliant leaves in the yard and the slightly smokey scent in the air of a wood burning outdoor fire pit.
Stone Wall Cocktail
- One 1-inch piece of fresh ginger, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Simple Syrup
- 1 1/2 ounces bourbon whiskey
- 1 1/2 ounces apple cider
- 1 1/2 ounces chilled ginger beer (or ginger tonic)
- lime and apple peel for garnish
- In a cocktail shaker, muddle the ginger with the simple syrup. Add the bourbon and cider.
- Fill the shaker with ice and shake well.
- Strain into an ice-filled rocks glass and top with the ginger beer.
- Garnish with the lime wedge and apple slice/peel.